- This event has passed.
Developing Assertive Practice
April 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
UCU Teesside is developing a series of workshops for members which focus on understanding your formal rights under the national contract and its expression in the workload model here at Teesside and how to deal with interpersonal aspects of the working relationship with line managers and workload allocators.
Areas to be covered include:
- what “reasonable” looks like
- analysing where your relationship with your line manager lies on the continuum from excellent through reasonable to bullying and harassment
- “invisible work” and understanding how to deal with requests outside the formal recorded system
- understanding and addressing the “games” people play in workloading
- understanding your limits by recognising when you are overworked and the best way of resolving this issue
- considering equalities issues and workloads
- addressing reasonable adjustments